Fifes Elite

Falkirk, should we sympathise?

Falkirk  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Falkirk

• Poor Falkirk :-(
    • **** Them

The Board statement suggested as much?  An opportunity for likes of Gill this season?  

I'm actually quite excited by the prospect of us blooding a young team.  My concern is that there appears to be no clear strategy, and that we are forced to rebuild every season, with no real consistency of a squad.

FWIW, I fully support the Board, and appreciate their continued efforts to run a successful Club.  My hope is that youth IS the way forward for us, and that we are doing this out of a longer-term vision, rather than purely being borne out of necessity.

Hopefully, with a couple of experienced heads, we can look forward to an entertaining season at the very least - I have been impressed with McCann when I've seen him.

I also hope that the Pars fans show a bit of patience with them too.

57 minutes ago, Paradox said:

My concern is that there appears to be no clear strategy, and that we are forced to rebuild every season, with no real consistency of a squad.

My hope is that youth IS the way forward for us, and that we are doing this out of a longer-term vision, 

My take is that this is the way forward and it is part of a clear strategy to avoid constant rebuilding 

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

My take is that this is the way forward and it is part of a clear strategy to avoid constant rebuilding 

Yeah, that's my thinking too.

I think we were hurt badly by the loss of key players who were attracted elsewhere by longer or more attractive deals.

In the end, we signed players who should have been more than capable of getting us into the playoffs at least.

Now, this route has almost been forced upon the Board for next season.  I do however, also think that they would have realised this a few months ago, which would have influenced the choice of management team.

1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

We signed players who clearly weren't good enough to reach the play offs.

100% this.