Fifes Elite

Falkirk, should we sympathise?

Falkirk  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Falkirk

• Poor Falkirk :-(
    • **** Them

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2019/05/10/club-statement-8/

"Margaret Lang has stepped down as Chairman of Falkirk FC. Following a horrific season which saw the club relegated to League One, a full root and branch review of the board, management and governance of the club will be carried out. The club will seek an independent interim Chairman to lead this review. The interim chairman will advise on future board structure and appointments, and management processes. All stakeholders in the club will be consulted in this process.

The Board thanked Margaret for her commitment and hard work on behalf of the club during her period as Chairman. Margaret will stay on the board of directors.

Further board changes will follow the board level review. Martin Ritchie has confirmed he will stand down from the board in July, at the same time he resigns from the SPFL board.

Everyone at the club apologises to our supporters for getting us into this mess. Our support has been incredibly loyal throughout the season and we would like to thank them for sticking by the team. The club cannot take this for granted. Relegation to League One must be regarded as an opportunity to rebuild the club both on and off the field. Our immediate goal is to regain our Championship status and use that as a springboard for an assault on promotion to the Premiership. This will not happen without changes. It also requires the continuing support of all of our supporters and sponsors.

The board will continue to pursue options for fan and community involvement and ownership as a means to help finance a promotion push and to safeguard the long-term future. Whilst there have been conversations with some potential new investors, these remain at an early stage.  The club cannot rely on outside money to fund next season’s campaign but are confident that we can generate the resources required to get back to the Championship in one season.

Thank you again to all our supporters and sponsors, and we look forward to seeing you next season."

Apparently she was crying at a supporters event this week. TBH the falkirk thread on pie and bovril is glorious.

Edited by Fifes Elite

From our point of view, we've lost the money that big derbies generate, at a time when every penny appears to be a prisoner.

Putting aside the issue of the lost revenue, if I knew where to begin, Id source a big **** off pile of C4 and be done with them.

Their fans on Pie n Bovril are wuckfits. 

I couldn't less about them. 

Sympathise? No.

Only downside is the loss of the derby match.

TBH i think games v Dundee will attract similar crowds anyway.

17 hours ago, Vinnie said:

From our point of view, we've lost the money that big derbies generate, at a time when every penny appears to be a prisoner.

Putting aside the issue of the lost revenue, if I knew where to begin, Id source a big **** off pile of C4 and be done with them.

On the plus side we will save money on police and stewarding costs

2 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

Most of our fans are ****wits on their too

I think you will find our very own @Keyser Soze was voted the 4th best poster ever on pie and bovril...I have no idea when this vote went ahead because I didn't vote in it.

Looking like a landslide 100% unsympathetic vote for Falkirk. Thought it might have 99.9%,but a resounding **** them it seems. 

• Upvote 1

After the way Margaret Lang treated Dean Shiels regarding the incident with the two Falkirk players in the Challenge Cup she can **** off.

12 minutes ago, The Bad Guy said:

After the way Margaret Lang treated Dean Shiels regarding the incident with the two Falkirk players in the Challenge Cup she can **** off.

Fair point. 

49 minutes ago, The Bad Guy said:

I forgot about that.  That pile of C4 Im sourcing has just doubled in size.

5 hours ago, The Bad Guy said:

She revertered back to type (lawyer) instead of doing the right thing. **** her (def no pun intended) 

Leaving all other considerations aside, Falkirk finished bottom so they must have been the worst team in the Championship over the course of the season and they certainly looked the part in the 2 games at EEP, even though we contrived to lose both. They had 3 shots on target in 180 mins.

No sympathy from me but, as others have said, we'll miss out on a decent crowd and a noisier atmosphere than normal. Maybe the Rovers will come up?