Fifes Elite

Squad for next season

I don't like to speculate with players who are likely to pull on the shirt, and I don't know enough about some of the young lads to pass judgement. I'll leave my list till after the last game but the dressing room will be pretty much empty after it.

21 minutes ago, Bartshaft said:

Williamson will be off for free. Best youngster we've had in years and we let him go for nothing. Bad business.

Cant say he has been the best youngster we have had in years. He still makes the same mistakes now that he made when he first got into the first team. He had the potential to be one of the best but has never improved, whether that be down to attitude or coaching he hasn't progressed to the level he could have imo.  Maybe a move would be good for him in the long run.

As for letting him go for nothing, it doesn't seem like it was the clubs choice as they offered him a contract and he has apparently turned the contract down.

Whatever happens good luck to the lad along with the others that are sent on their way.

14 hours ago, Piracy said:

Fais, Hippo, Ryan, Vincent, Devine, Connolly, Higgy, Williamson can all go for me. For starters

I would agree with that plus Muirhead. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe the club need to consider the vision it has.

At the moment, we have a very short-term approach, caused mainly be the financial restrictions we have.

I'd like to see us focus on youth - a combination of our own players and loanees like Bruce Anderson - together with some more experienced older heads, but with a bit of quality.  Someone like Scott McDonald as an example.

We need to build a team that allows us to be sustainable, needing only a couple of tweaks every year, not have to completely overhaul every season.

I would be sad to see Williamson leave but I agree that a fresh start might be beneficial for him. Don't forget that he sustained two of the worst injuries  possible, a dislocated knee and a double fracture to his leg, over the last 4-5 seasons .That he is back playing at all is remarkable. 

Williamson is 23 now. At what age do we consider him no longer a youngster?

Good player but has failed to establish himself in the team and hasn't really progressed for a catalogue of reasons even though he has had plenty of chances in the team. Theres definitely a player in there somewhere but I think he needs to go somewhere and get 30+ games a season under his belt at a level he can work on certain areas of his game. His confidence is pretty low and maybe needs a fresh start, at a game fairly recently a group of guys in the NW were laughing at "how **** this guy is" for most of the game and were shouting at him for everything and anything. And that's suppose to be his own supporters.

Martin is another one, his reading of the game when he first came into the team at 18 was excellent. he could also play all across the back 4 if required, however he's a managers dream as he can sit on the bench and fill in anywhere when theres injuries when really he probably needed to go somewhere and get game time for his own progression.he was another one who got stick from his own support. Again in the NW either earlier this season or last season he had his back to the opposition goal half way in his own half and no passes on while getting closed down and someone shouted at him for passing back to the goalie and he turned to the crowd and did a gesture as if to say what the **** am I suppose to do.

Then theres the treatment of Millen when he was scared to attend a club function and then then theres the stick Byrne got (folk claiming he isn't hard enough or didn't tackle was bizarre I seen him tacking all the time). It's hnot really a surprise we don't really have a great track record of bringing through youngsters that stay on at us.

I'm sure Davie Bingham said before an interview that he didn't have the greatest of times at Dunfermline when he was coming through  due to the stick he got and being a local boy (it may have been the heritage trusts interview but I would need to double check that)

Edited by Fifes Elite
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've said it before but some of our fans are utter scum for how they treat our players. A bunch of utter losers with nothing else to do than slag off other people to make themselves feel better. 

It's no surprise that young players are continually built up, then effectively bullied out of EEP by a moronic element of our own fans, but go on to better things elsewhere.

Millen and Byrne are recent examples.

I remember that David Bingham said that he didn't enjoy it here at a Pars legends night I attended with @Fu_Manchu.  I am sure @Piracy was also there too.  He didn't mention the fans directly and said it was mostly down to his own attitude and that he didn't fit into the way that the team played all that well. However, there did seem to be a hint that it was because of the fans.

Jim Leishman's face was a picture though.

46 minutes ago, The Bad Guy said:

I remember that David Bingham said that he didn't enjoy it here at a Pars legends night I attended with @Fu_Manchu.  I am sure @Piracy was also there too.  He didn't mention the fans directly and said it was mostly down to his own attitude and that he didn't fit into the way that the team played all that well. However, there did seem to be a hint that it was because of the fans.

I was there that night as well. I might have heard it then

13 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

I was there that night as well. I might have heard it then

14 hours ago, The Bad Guy said:

It was that night he said it. I admired him for his honesty but, as you say, Leishman's pus was a picture. Plus Big Leish met his match in Mike Leonard. He made Leish seem introverted.