Sign in to follow this  
GG Riva

Racism in Football

31 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

It's like that in some fife villages I have been inūüėā

I was once called a foreign ******* in Keith by an old guy after he heard my accent.

The announcement by UEFA is a step forward in that they are proposing that the abuse is officially acknowledged at the time.

On 03/04/2019 at 10:06, Vinnie said:

Last night, one of Juves youngsters was abused by Calgliari fans.  Juve defender Bonnucci suggests the young kid is partly to blame.  If your own team mate is blaming you for the abuse you suffer, what chance do you have?  Rather than criticise the opposition fans, you blame your pal?  

And this is in Italy!  Who have players from all over the world, and have had for many years.  And Calgliari have had a number of black players over the years...

Worlds gone mental-er!! 

Bonucci has now tried to retract his ill judged remarks by saying he "spoke hastily and was misunderstood. " Moise Kean is black and has been capped by Italy. Bonucci is a classy defender but he's some way short of that as a human being. 

Italians have a history of fascism obviously, also their clubs have large racist elements in their support. Just to add, Pasta as a food-stuff is as bland as their brand of football.

13 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Bonucci has now tried to retract his ill judged remarks by saying he "spoke hastily and was misunderstood. " Moise Kean is black and has been capped by Italy. Bonucci is a classy defender but he's some way short of that as a human being. 

I also see that Allegri made similar comments too.  If thats true, Juve need to act swiftly and decisively.  Juve need to consider some sort of sanctions of Bonnucci too.  

On Bonnucci, my thinking is that your first response is often your true feelings, having time to think about your response usually allows you to consider the impact and repercussions, so your real thought processes are diluted.  The thing about media interviews is that they are all recorded, there is no hiding place from them.  

6 hours ago, Piracy said:

Italians have a history of fascism obviously, also their clubs have large racist elements in their support. Just to add, Pasta as a food-stuff is as bland as their brand of football.

Anytime you want to come down to my house, I'll make you a proper plate of pasta and you'll never say it's bland again. I don't know where you've eaten it before but whoever made it for you wasn't up to the job.

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I also see that Allegri made similar comments too.  If that's true, Juve need to act swiftly and decisively.  Juve need to consider some sort of sanctions of Bonucci too.  

On Bonucci, my thinking is that your first response is often your true feelings, having time to think about your response usually allows you to consider the impact and repercussions, so your real thought processes are diluted.  The thing about media interviews is that they are all recorded, there is no hiding place from them.  

Totally agree, Vinnie. Unfortunately, Italy is now ruled by a populist right wing coalition, who say all the things some people want to hear. Silvio Berlusconi owns several national newspapers and TV channels, who continuously bombard readers and viewers with stories of foreigners (particularly from Africa or Eastern Europe) committing all kinds of heinous crimes and how these same people get preferential treatment over poor, native Italians.

I'm so glad I don't live there. 

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Anytime you want to come down to my house, I'll make you a proper plate of pasta and you'll never say it's bland again. I don't know where you've eaten it before but whoever made it for you wasn't up to the job.ÔĽŅÔĽŅ

¬†ÔĽŅ

It's the sauce that makes it. I'm a top cook.

9 minutes ago, Piracy said:

It's the sauce that makes it. I'm a top cook.

That's only part of the story. How long you cook it for is also important. Do you make your own sauce or ready made off the supermarket shelves?

Edited by GG Riva

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

That's only part of the story. How long you cook it for is also important. Do you make your own sauce or ready made off the supermarket shelves?

Own sauce and Pesto etc. Magnifico 

• Like 1

Aye ok, Anthony Worrall Thompson and Marco Pierre White.  Maybe @Paradoxor @Superally can sort for us to have a cookery forum for recipes? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Aye ok, Anthony Worrall Thompson and Marco Pierre White.  Maybe @Paradoxor @Superally can sort for us to have a cookery forum for recipes? 

Well, if there's enough interest...  Not to blow my own trumpet I am not too bad at whipping up a decent meal myself.  I am just too lazy the vast majority of the time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Own sauce and Pesto etc. Magnifico 

Celery, Pancetta, fresh basil, rid wine and a couple of hours later, Hey eccellente. 

• Like 1