The Bad Guy

v Dundee United (H) Postponed :(

5 minutes ago, The Bad Guy said:

The problem is that the club quite early on assertively posted on social media that there were no plans for a pitch inspection making it look like the game was in absolutely no doubt whatsoever whereas the later statement said that we had asked a referee to attend early so there was clearly doubt.

I believe nothing at all should have been posted on social media early because it has made the club look foolish.

Exactly this. If this was the other way round, we'd all be talking about how amateur United appear to be. 

3 hours ago, The Bad Guy said:

The problem is that the club quite early on assertively posted on social media that there were no plans for a pitch inspection making it look like the game was in absolutely no doubt whatsoever whereas the later statement said that we had asked a referee to attend early so there was clearly doubt.

I believe nothing at all should have been posted on social media early because it has made the club look foolish.

And the club did that in good faith, because early on the pitch was playable. The club was understandably keen to play this game on a Saturday, when United would have brought down a sizeable support. I repeat - why would they have wanted - AT THAT TIME - to say that the game was in doubt? What followed was incessant rain and sleet, which then made the game increasingly doubtful. At that point, I understand that this was communicated to the match ref and he was asked if he could arrive at EEP asap. I don't think he was able to get there much earlier than 1.30. He possibly lives a good distance away and driving conditions were far from ideal/

13 hours ago, The Bad Guy said:

The club shouldn't have said anything at all early on is the point that I am making.

Yea, but you're making that point with the benefit of hindsight. When they made that announcement, the club was convinced that the game was not in doubt. I'm guessing they wanted to allay any doubts folk may have had and it backfired. They have issued an apology.

Maybe in a similar situation in future, they won't make any announcement and rest assured they will be panned for it by some of our supporters. 

On 17/03/2019 at 11:32, Keyser Soze said:

I have no interest in reigniting it and to be fair to @SanguineParhe eventually accepted that in hindsight it was correct to sack AJ, so let's just leave it at that. 

FFS... 🙂

So the game was called off, looks like it was the correct decision. Good enough for me.