Sign in to follow this  
scottyboy

Championship champions

Looking like the title will end up in Dingwall after todays late collapse from Dundee Utd. Worthy champions Ross County imo, although i did predict Utd would sneak it with their squad. Think their fans will know they will have to accept 2nd place. This league table still has a few twists and turns to come over the next 8 games. I will predict what could be the final top 4 standings.

1 Ross County

2 Dundee United

3 ICT

4 Dunfermline

Relegated

Alloa

Relegation Play Off

QOS

Im beginning to think that if our form holds we can sneak fourth. I have a feeling that Ayrs collapse is irreversible, I dont think they have the squad or the depth of experience to turn things round.  

Whilst I want us to gain promotion, I think that promotion via fourth place and play offs leaves us susceptible to coming straight back down.  I think automatic promotion, or promotion as runners up suggests a better squad, and greater chance of staying up. 

3 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

Nah, Livingston are proving that from 3rd (and I'd imagine a smaller budget last season) you can survive.

Livingston did it with their own players? If we did it, we would have to re-sign or sign pretty much a new team? 

5 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Im beginning to think that if our form holds we can sneak fourth. I have a feeling that Ayrs collapse is irreversible, I dont think they have the squad or the depth of experience to turn things round.  

Whilst I want us to gain promotion, I think that promotion via fourth place and play offs leaves us susceptible to coming straight back down.  I think automatic promotion, or promotion as runners up suggests a better squad, and greater chance of staying up. 

I agree. I think Ayr have done brilliant, especially putting 5 past Utd earlier in the season. Think they are done now. 

5 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

Nah, Livingston are proving that from 3rd (and I'd imagine a smaller budget last season) you can survive.

Livingston finished 2nd last season.  Hence why we played United in the playoff.  I still maintain that had we beat United, we’d have gone all the way.  AJ had Livingstons number and Partick were laughingly bad.  There’s yer “luck”.

Wouldnt necessarily automatically go back, but I wouldnt want to get too carried away.