Sign in to follow this  
Digs

Stevie Crawford - Manager of the Month

I for one would like to congratulate Stevie who has stuck to his guns and turned a corner, along with Shieldsy and Callum, proving what a ridiculous reaction it was by those who made comments like ‘cheap option’ etc when he’d only had the job 5 mins.

This was never going to turn round instantly, it was always going to take a couple of games for changes to take effect. 

Whilst this is not indicative that he is the Messiah or anything like that, it certainly proved the point that a huge amount of people were behaving like absolute bed-wetters without even giving him a chance.

Hopefully, he is now doing enough for those folks to see the merits in what he and the club were trying to achieve with the new structure. 

Well Done Stevie 👏👏👏👏👏

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, Digs said:
 proving what a ridiculous reaction it was by those who made comments like ‘cheap option’ etc when he’d only had the job 5 mins.

a huge amount of people were behaving like absolute bed-wetters without even giving him a chance.

.net by any chance?  

And I concur, well done Stevie! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

.net by any chance?  

No, never bothered looking to see what was said on there, but I can imagine. Just all round social media. I seen it said by lots of people. Usually backed up by something that made no sense in any footballing circles.

• Upvote 1

There are always some who just open their mouth before checking if they have a brain.

There was reason to be cautious and even nervous, as with any management change. I think those feelings have firmly been put to bed now though.

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

.net by any chance?  

Yes indeed. A good number of them are eating large slices of humble pie right now. ☺

Eta. No one knew how it would work out with Stevie, but as the OP points out, he was being dismissed almost as soon as his appointment was announced. 

Edited by GG Riva

36 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

There are always some who just open their mouth before checking if they have a brain.

There was reason to be cautious and even nervous, as with any management change. I think those feelings have firmly been put to bed now though.

That’s the point, it wasn’t caution or nerves. It was downright disrespect being shown to Stevie, and Sheildsy at the time with no basis in fact. Even when I pointed out why I thought it was a good idea because I’d spoken to him about it a few months previous and he exuded passion, knowledge and thought for the game, I was dismissed, hilariously by folk who have never set foot inside any football club in any capacity, whilst telling me why it was a bad idea based on reasons that didn’t make sense because of the fact they have never set foot inside a club in any capacity. That’s not arrogance on my part, IMO, it’s arrogance on theirs that they were willing to dismiss someone who has done what he’s done in the game as if they are in a position to A) know better than him, and B) judge him.

I also preferred to have faith in the board who have mostly performed really well since stepping up to the plate and again, the same people dismissed them too. 

It’s infuriating.

• Upvote 1

I honestly wouldn't miss some within our support if they never again appeared in any form around anything go do with the club.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Digs said:

That’s the point, it wasn’t caution or nerves. It was downright disrespect being shown to Stevie, and Sheildsy at the time with no basis in fact. Even when I pointed out why I thought it was a good idea because I’d spoken to him about it a few months previous and he exuded passion, knowledge and thought for the game, I was dismissed, hilariously by folk who have never set foot inside any football club in any capacity, whilst telling me why it was a bad idea based on reasons that didn’t make sense because of the fact they have never set foot inside a club in any capacity. That’s not arrogance on my part, IMO, it’s arrogance on theirs that they were willing to dismiss someone who has done what he’s done in the game as if they are in a position to A) know better than him, and B) judge him.

I also preferred to have faith in the board who have mostly performed really well since stepping up to the plate and again, the same people dismissed them too. 

It’s infuriating.

Digs - its almost driving me away from the game - the ignorance towards the board in particular and Stevies appointment have made me question if I want to be part of this madness anymore - its like folk still thinking Trump and Boris make great leaders - football fans who are ar5eholes to a man may yet drive me away for good..... 😢

Great news for the guys. I supported the change and I'm glad it's working out.

As for those who gubbed off slating the new management initiative they're just attention seeking or thick.

I read some grovelling garbage on the other site after a poster admitted he'd called it wrong and the back-slapping on his honesty that followed was puke inducing.

The amount of times I read posters (fans lol) spouting negativity since their appointment was astounding considering it was a young management team not a lot of consideration was given to the potential damage. It was almost af if they wanted them to fail to vindicate their potentially damaging point of view.

Stuff them. You support a team through good and bad

• Like 1

A lot is to be said of having an assistant who has some different ideas. I don't believe Sandy Clark had much to offer on that front and it showed, we hardly ever changed our game plan.

Stevie and Greg seem to be two very intelligent young men with an idea of what they want to do. Right now, they have to work with what they were left with and it shows that they're got something about them that we've managed a nice little run if form.

Won't last forever, but they're both winners and look like they can transfer that across.

9 hours ago, DougieDave said:

Digs - its almost driving me away from the game - the ignorance towards the board in particular and Stevies appointment have made me question if I want to be part of this madness anymore - its like folk still thinking Trump and Boris make great leaders - football fans who are ar5eholes to a man may yet drive me away for good..... 😢

Unfortunately I think it’s just society as a whole.  With social media and the internet, that dude you’d hear about in the pub with their fantasy theories on the world and life who you’d previously just ignored, now has a platform with literally thousands of others.  Football and indeed DAFC are not unique for having zoomers following them and spouting ****. Just way of the world nowadays. 

Back on topic it’s a tremendous achievement and is a good endorsement of the boards actions this year, long may it continue.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Unfortunately I think it’s just society as a whole.  With social media and the internet, that dude you’d hear about in the pub with their fantasy theories on the world and life who you’d previously just ignored, now has a platform with literally thousands of others.  Football and indeed DAFC are not unique for having zoomers following them and spouting ****. Just way of the world nowadays. 

Back on topic it’s a tremendous achievement and is a good endorsement of the boards actions this year, long may it continue.

Wise words.....