What's everyone's thoughts on tonight's game? Hopefully we can get another win to ensure a gap that's unlikely to be overturned by everyone at the bottom. Hopefully Thistle come through with there team that played the 2nd half on Saturday

Can see this ending in a draw however.

Unless Longridge is fit id imagine it be the same team as Saturday

I actually think this will be a tough game.  A win tonight and we can start dreaming of 4th place again.

It's like watching a brand new side. Imagine what we could've achieved this season if AJ had been replaced earlier! A lot of Dunfermline fans looking very silly now. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, DougieDave said:

3-0 - jings - it was far from a memorable performance with lots of silly mistakes - but 3-0 - bloody hell !!!! 

First half I’d agree, we were much better in the second half.

The change in shape moving Higgy out of the way as he was continually holding up play, and not only that but swapping personnel round within that, is a breath of fresh air.

Pressed better in the second half and moved the ball quicker, two things I’ve been banging on about all season so I’m happy. 

• Like 2

We needed that tonight, I mean beating a team by a clear 2 to 3 goals with no reply. Building on the couple of 1-0 wins.

We're looking much harder to break down now, although still riding a bit of luck at the back due to silly mistakes. 

The players are looking much more confident and you can see we're making the right kind of changes when things weren't great in first half.

Onwards to Saturday.

• Upvote 1

Great result tonight and we are finally hitting some form winning three games on the trot. Partick just collapsed in the 2nd half however they did look very good for the first 25 in the first half. I thought we were playing with more cohesion and confidence that we never saw under AJ's management. COYP 

Our gameplan so far seems to be as follows:-

1st half, be incredibly turgid, but just don’t concede.  We’ll work out what to do at half time.

2nd half, all the learnings from 1st half into action, get a goal and shut it down, if the opposition leave gaps, torment them.

its not the prettiest to watch but so far it’s frighteningly effective.   That 1st half today was as bad as the last two games 1st half, but it’s three wins.  

Whats so welcome is that the obvious stuff that we saw under AJ is acted upon much quicker, so if a gap appears it’s plugged, shapes are changed, subs are used, there’s no fear on making decisions and changing things.  AJ was open about saying that he felt he’d find his best 11 and leave them on as long as possible.  We now seem much more adaptable to the opposition.