GG Riva

Suspensions for Red Cards

Am I right in thinking that a player's previous disciplinary record makes very little difference to the length of suspension meted out? I see that Alfredo Morelos was given a 3 game ban ( 2 for the red card on Wednesday, plus 1 for having previously received a red card in the Premiership, this season.)  Is the 2 game ban standard, or is it 1 game for the red card plus 1 for having unsuccessfully challenged it?

Older Pars fans will remember the likes of Roy Barry and Alex Edwards being given ever more draconian suspensions each time they appeared before the ''beaks'' at Park Gardens. Edwards was almost always sent off for retaliation, induced by frustration at referees who failed to give him any protection by opponents who like nothing better than to kick him up and down the park. Barry felt he had to get out of Scottish football altogether. Matters came to a head when one ref told him that he knew all about him and he'd better watch his step or he'd be heading for the proverbial ''early bath''' at the first instance. (The warning was issued during the coin toss!)

On the subject of Morelos, I believe his club are sending out a completely wrong message by appealing his red card. Maybe if they fined him 2 or 3 week's wages and Gerrard told him he's no good to his team sitting in the dressing room, he might realise the error of his ways. I don't buy this ''taking away his 'edge' will make him a poorer player.''

Couldn't believe it when Gary McAllister stated that it wasn't meant. You could see his nose growing as he made this statement.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fu_Manchu said:

Couldn't believe it when Gary McAllister stated that it wasn't meant. You could see his nose growing as he made this statement.

You may be wrong Fu it could be that he meant to kick him several more times before taking a dive. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fu_Manchu said:

I can't believe it either - McAllister, I mean. What does he hope to achieve by coming out with such nonsense? I wouldn't believe him now if he told me today was Saturday. 

• Upvote 1

Gerrard and McAllister are just playing to the WATP masses.

They're trying to create a siege mentality at Ibrox, and it's working.

Stevie G continues to be a media darling up here as a manager, same as he was as a player in Englandshire.

For totting up (as opposed to the difference between two yellows and a straight red for violent conduct) I believe it does increase the more cards you get. First suspension (5 yellows or 1 red for 2 yellows/DOGSO) is one match then the next is 2 then the next is 3 and so on. There are different rules for violent conduct etc. and I think yellows (but not reds?) get reset at some point throughout the season.