Paradox

Are Liverpool about to chuck it away?

Liverpool blew another chance tonight, and are now only 3 points ahead, with Man City playing on Wednesday.

City could be back on top of the league before Liverpool kick a ball again.

Can anyone hear breaking glass yet???

Every team goes through a dodgy patch.  City went through a wobble during December.  They lost games whereas Liverpool are still picking up points.  It maybe that points against West Ham and Leicester make the difference in the end?

Both teams will drop points.  I think progress in the CL will play its part in terms of fixture congestion, I also wonder where and when both teams need to play the other top five clubs.  Home advantage and the like might make all the difference. 

11 hours ago, Paradox said:

Liverpool blew another chance tonight, and are now only 3 points ahead, with Man City playing on Wednesday.

City could be back on top of the league before Liverpool kick a ball again.

Can anyone hear breaking glass yet???

I think Liverpool were in a bit of a false position when they were 8 clear, tbh. From what I've seen of them this year they aren't as good as they were last year.

Better defensively (on the whole) but weaker in attack and less able to sweep opponents aside or break down stubborn defences (that Leicester game being a good example - Liverpool just couldn't get through those solid blue lines at all)

They've had a bad couple of weeks, but I do think they'll bounce back. Plus, having played City twice and taken only 1 point, to be 3 ahead is still pretty good. They can't afford many more slips though.

I could see Spurs coming back into it a bit too, although I don't think they'll win the league.

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Both teams will drop points.  I think progress in the CL will play its part in terms of fixture congestion, I also wonder where and when both teams need to play the other top five clubs.  Home advantage and the like might make all the difference. 

I meant more points that Liverpool 

11 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

I meant more points that Liverpool 

I got that.  I simply think that CL commitments could prove a distraction.  I actually think that if City make the CL semis, the CL might take on greater importance than the league

Can it be decided on goal difference?

Man City on +54 after today.  Liverpool on +44, albeit with a game in hand.

Two consecutive hat-tricks for Aguero, meaning he equals Shearers PL record of 11.