Bartshaft

Favourites for relegation

That would be us in my eyes. Partick and Falkirk on form and Alloa can grind out results. We are shocking. Cardle to send us down would be a fitting finish to the season for all the people who thought we were right to let him go and sign dross like Hippo.

That first half was really good from us and we were playing well, we were more than competitive against the top team in the league. However where we are you need resilience and confidence and we are lacking that atm. Craw has a job to do in building the squad up but when you don't get the breaks its going to be difficult. I do think we will be OK

• Upvote 1

I believe Falkirk will string a run together to avoid Relegation. We need 4 or 5 wins, which would keep us up. Think Alloa will finish bottom, with Partick and us fighting it out. 

We're in the relegation mix for sure. I don't know if we'll change this situation anytime soon, we've just got to keep plugging away and getting the confidence in front of goal again.

Bruce Anderson should have had a hatrick yesterday and he linked really well with Fais first half. We just might get somewhere.

If Alloa win on Saturday, they go above us.

If Falkirk win, they go 1 point below us.

Then Thistle and Alloa play each other the next week.

Vital that we start winning games.

We'll be fine. The opening post seems to be wishing a certain scenario upon us though. Cardle did himself no favours at the end and is not the wee saint many perceive him to be. I'm glad to see the back of him. Is he not injured again anyway? 

8 hours ago, Honk said:

We'll be fine. The opening post seems to be wishing a certain scenario upon us though. Cardle did himself no favours at the end and is not the wee saint many perceive him to be. I'm glad to see the back of him. Is he not injured again anyway? 

That's an intriguing statement regarding Cardle, Honk. I wouldn't expect you to go into any detail, but I know you wouldn't have said it without good reason. I also agree that the OP appears to be still carrying a torch for Joe. Players come and players go. I liked Joe but he was undeniably inconsistent. He was on fire at the start of last season, but was largely anonymous after his injury. 

He's moved on now - so should we.

We still have another round of matches against everyone - I have a feeling that Craw will find a way to make us click into gear when it really matters - we'll take points off of the teams around us, who in turn will do the same to each other, and we'll play a major part in who wins this division. 

On 05/02/2019 at 23:00, Honk said:

"We'll be fine" has been said many times by many fans and employees of many clubs bigger and better than us. We won't be fine if we have that kind of attitude. We need to get at least 5 wins I'd say, and even that may not be enough. So realistically we need to beat Morton, Partick and Falkirk at home and Alloa away, while avoiding defeat at Firhill would also be a big plus. That may still leave us a win or two short, so we need to get a win or two against the likes of Inverness, Queen of the South, Ayr and Dundee Utd who we've struggled against recently. It'll be tight, that's for sure.

Apologies for being postive. I know it's not a normal Pars fan trait. 

Edited by Honk

I believe we'll scrape it to stay up.

It's down to the players to get themselves mentally prepared and the management to come up with the goods.

Home results have been especially brutal this season.

Fans need to get right behind them now home and away, no excuses and all the rest of the negativity surrounding poor decisions put aside.

Up for the fight?

• Upvote 1

Falkirk up our ar** after their win today at Alloa. We have a game in hand though. Ross County play ICT on Monday night, which could turn out to be a good thing for us. I fancy us to beat ICT on Saturday to help us kick on. 

On 07/02/2019 at 14:15, Honk said:

Apologies for being postive. I know it's not a normal Pars fan trait. 

If you'd said "I think we'll be fine" or "I believe..." or "... because of x, y and z" then that would be fair enough and maybe saying it's being positive. Just saying "we'll be fine" is the sort of thing that fans of teams who have been relegated (or worse) have said. All IMO of course.