Vinnie

Emiliano Sala

58 minutes ago, DougieDave said:

Now confirmed as the body recovered from the wrecked aircraft 😥

Tragic news.  The conspiracy theorist in me still thinks there's more to this story than we know.

6 hours ago, Paradox said:

Tragic news.  The conspiracy theorist in me still thinks there's more to this story than we know.

What do you mean? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

40 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

What do you mean? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

So, as I understand it, the original issue was that Cardiff wanted to sign him earlier on the week, so he could play on the Saturday.

Nantes kept stalling so eventually he actually signed on the Saturday, but didn't play.

Then, Sala goes home to say 'goodbye (not sure who to).

His flight back is on a one-engined plane, flown by a pilot who (allegedly) is not licenced to carry fare-paying passengers.

A multi-million pound football club are happy to let their newest and most expensive player fly, effectively unaccompanied using transport arranged by the son of a football agent (again as I understand it).  You'd have thought he'd have been in a luxury private jet, surrounding by friends, family, club officials, agents, protecting their 'asset'?

The authorities call off the search within days despite not finding any sign of wreckage.  A privately funded (after the family refused to accept that he could not be found) search finds wreckage and the body (sadly) of the player a few days later, but as yet the pilot is still missing, despite the plane being small, partially intact, and a decent surface area of the sea bed being searched.

The day that the wreckage is found, Nantes demand a £5m payment for Sala from Cardiff, despite still apparently mourning the loss of their hero and Sala not yet found, but missing presumed dead.  The next day, it becomes apparent that Bordeaux had a 50% sell on clause, and it's confirmed that the body is sadly, that of Emiliano Sala.

33 minutes ago, Paradox said:

So, as I understand it, the original issue was that Cardiff wanted to sign him earlier on the week, so he could play on the Saturday.

Nantes kept stalling so eventually he actually signed on the Saturday, but didn't play.

Then, Sala goes home to say 'goodbye (not sure who to).

His flight back is on a one-engined plane, flown by a pilot who (allegedly) is not licenced to carry fare-paying passengers.

A multi-million pound football club are happy to let their newest and most expensive player fly, effectively unaccompanied using transport arranged by the son of a football agent (again as I understand it).  You'd have thought he'd have been in a luxury private jet, surrounding by friends, family, club officials, agents, protecting their 'asset'?

The authorities call off the search within days despite not finding any sign of wreckage.  A privately funded (after the family refused to accept that he could not be found) search finds wreckage and the body (sadly) of the player a few days later, but as yet the pilot is still missing, despite the plane being small, partially intact, and a decent surface area of the sea bed being searched.

The day that the wreckage is found, Nantes demand a £5m payment for Sala from Cardiff, despite still apparently mourning the loss of their hero and Sala not yet found, but missing presumed dead.  The next day, it becomes apparent that Bordeaux had a 50% sell on clause, and it's confirmed that the body is sadly, that of Emiliano Sala.

When you break it down like that, it certainly becomes a bit more suspicious. 

As I understand it though, Cardiff did want Sala to travel via scheduled transports.  Sala apparently didnt want the ball-ache of travelling from Nantes to central Paris, out of the city to an airport, flight to London, into the city for a connection to Cardiff.  Sala was supposedly keen to get to Cardiff and keen to meet his team-mates, and keen to get stuck in to training, and supposed he wanted a direct flight from Nantes to Cardiff - which is why a private charter was arranged, which would only take two and bit hours, rather than 12, perhaps 15. 

You can fly from Nante to Stanstead. I've done it on a few occasions. Don't know about Stanstead to Cardiff though.

1 minute ago, lambo1885 said:

You can fly from Nante to Stanstead. I've done it on a few occasions. Don't know about Stanstead to Cardiff though.

Id have thought he could at least gone from Paris to Bristol, and that Cardiff could have arranged a car to collect him at the Airport. 

You'd definitely think there was better options than the one chosen. Hindsight's great i suppose....