Sign in to follow this  
Superally

Are Ayr running away with it?

5-0 humping against a serious challenger away from home who have had good recent. I didn't think Ayr would last the course but they are doing a St Mirren and must be serious contenders now. Even if they lost Shankland in the Jan transfer window they would be strong playoff contenders at least. You have to give McCall credit

They looked good and did all the things we've looked incapable of doing well - they pressed, they took their chances, they were solid at the back, they weren't afraid to try things, they knew when to play and when to clear their lines and they generally looked like they knew what they were supposed to be doing. Having a strike partnership that is actually a partnership and not just two folk running into the same place helps too.

Wow. Just read the result this morning. 

They are not running away with it but they must know by now that they are genuine contenders. 

I still think that they will fall away but a very impressive result last night considering that they were depleted by injury and suspension.  Are Dundee United really serious challengers though ?  

Cant write off United because of a freak result.  How they react to it will tell more about their credentials. 

Ayr have had a flying start to the season.  Got to be considered serious contenders at this stage.  Of course, a poor run though December and January alters that, especially if other results go against them. 

Saw Fraser Aird jogging about a bit tonight and that reminded me exactly why I think he’s at times a complete cretin and waste of skin.  Of the 4 that went, he was the one I miss the least.  A charlatan who only plays when he wants to (generally when there is a contract to be had).  

Ayr with the individual players they have have absolutely no right to be doing what they are, but collectively they are some unit!  Moffat with his PT business is definitely at the peak of his powers, with his fitness now being an absolute asset.

Well done to Iain McCall and those players.  November and December was when their bubble burst back in 15/16, if they can continue their form in December then it really is game on for them for the title.

I was impressed with the Ayr performance being honest. I thnk they're the best team in this league on that form. Good luck to them.

Shows what can be achieved if you have your players playing with confidence.

If Ayr United can keep injury and suspension free, then they could definitely win the League. They have a big advantage having a really good manager who seems to get everything out of his squad. Good luck to them. 

• Upvote 1