Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think May has negotiated a deal that means we don't leave the EU and we have a worse deal that we started off with but cant make any decisions about what we are involved in! Im moving to Northern Ireland because they didn't vote for it and are not getting it either. Simples :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Theresa May has tried to suit everybody and made everything worse for everyone.  She was the wrong person to see the country through this transition period - she wanted to remain, I doubt she was fully invested in the whole process, and now we have a half-***ed deal. 

I read that 56% of folk don't want this deal.  What wasn't clear is whether folk have changed their vote from Leave to Remain, or whether folk still want to Leave but not on the terms that have been negotiated.  I don't think that we should have a second referendum, the attitude of the country for the last five or six years has been toxic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I read that 56% of folk don't want this deal.  

Oh, so 56% disagree. I am sure they all have a firm grasp of international commerce law and treaty making, and applied this knowledge while pouring over the 589 pages of the draft!

It is bowing to the irrelevant opinions of the ill educated credulous masses, ready to fall in behind Boris and Nige, that got us into this mess in the first place.

It was utterly obvious that the only outcome would be one that suited no one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Teuchter said:

Oh, so 56% disagree. I am sure they all have a firm grasp of international commerce law and treaty making, and applied this knowledge while pouring over the 589 pages of the draft!

It is bowing to the irrelevant opinions of the ill educated credulous masses, ready to fall in behind Boris and Nige, that got us into this mess in the first place.

It was utterly obvious that the only outcome would be one that suited no one.

I doubt many of us have grasp enough to understand the implications of whats been agreed, and I would go to suggest that those reporting the key points of the deal probably don't understand it in full either.  There is then the issue of those reporting to the masses expressing key points of importance to them from their own agenda, skewed by their own interpretations, which may be wrong anyway. 

It is an utter mess, "divorce" and separation usually is.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, utter mess is right. It was always going to be the case - well, unless you listened to Bojo et al, in which case it was going to be simple case of asking for the same deal as Norway.

It is nothing like a divorce however, unless it is one that involves a schizophrenic. Both parties in the negotiations have reached an amicable agreement, but the one seeking divorce is at war with itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Both parties in the negotiations have reached an amicable agreement, but the one seeking divorce is at war with itself.

I suppose when you say it like that.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Theresa May wasn't a Tory, I might feel sorry for her. She was dealt a hand like a foot by David Cameron, who should never have promised a Referendum to appease the Eurosceptics in his party and the country at large. What does your average punter know about the pros and cons of being in the EU? Hee haw. MPs are elected to act in their citizens best interests, so they should have voted on it themselves. Admittedly, some of them may be no more clued up than the voters, but they should be. 

Cameron acted like the silly boy who threw a stone at a greenhouse and then ran away when he heard the sound of breaking glass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Labour ignored their voters. They became angry and detached.

Cameron offered a vote.

The disenfranchised Labour voters joined in wit the right wing retards to leave Europe.

It's a predictable clusterf*ck and was easily avoidable if the political elite had governed for the people rather than support neo-liberalist politics holding up this global economy run by the elite few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that a "deal" has been agreed, you'd have thought there would be slightly more clarity so that the public and business could begin to get their heads around the implications.  Instead, what we have is continued in-fighting, and various forecasts by so-called experts offering a vastly different "possibilities". 

Id like to think Im capable of following this kind of **** - but Im finding my self a little lost in the half truths, maybes, and theories.  

Anybody any clearer on the issues yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Now that a "deal" has been agreed, you'd have thought there would be slightly more clarity so that the public and business could begin to get their heads around the implications.  Instead, what we have is continued in-fighting, and various forecasts by so-called experts offering a vastly different "possibilities". 

Id like to think Im capable of following this kind of **** - but Im finding my self a little lost in the half truths, maybes, and theories.  

Anybody any clearer on the issues yet? 

The issue is we are ****ed whether they agree with the deal or not. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Carney is over egging things with the dire predictions. 

It just reeks of desperation, the same as was seen towards the end of the independence referendum.

Nobody knows what is going to happen- least of all the twats who spent 20 odd years stoking up an economy with credit and were then genuinely surprised when it went tits-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×