Paradox

Former Players

Should AJ leave the Club this season, I think that one of the things that he should look back on with some regret, is his judgement in how he utilises players, and in turn if they should have been retained or not.

Most recently, the likes of playing Robbie Muirhead on the wing seems mind blowing.

There must be a full team of players who AJ has deemed not good enough, who have actually gone on to better things elsewhere.  I fully accept that hindsight is 20/20 vision, but I can think of several cases where players have been released as opposed to leaving through choice, but have gone to more successful clubs than hours and been prominent.

Frustratingly, his recruitment has been pretty good, but he has failed to get the best out of a lot of these signings either by playing them in an unfamiliar position or a different system.

36 minutes ago, Paradox said:

There must be a full team of players who AJ has deemed not good enough, who have actually gone on to better things elsewhere.  

I'd be genuinely interested to see this team. 

On 15/11/2018 at 09:21, Keyser Soze said:

I'd be genuinely interested to see this team. 

Maybe not a full team, but Byrne, Spence, Scott Robinson all now in the Premier league.  Geggan, Moffat, back at Ayr now would say they’re on better things, along with Shankland who AJ had on trial but didn’t take on.  BRE seems to be doing ok down south.  Fordyce playing for team better than us according to the league table. 

Of course this formula means that we then have to say Shaun Rooney has gone on to bigger and better things at Inverness....anybody really upset when he went?

Edited by Rossmcno1
Stevie to Scott ...

Indeed Scott Robinson. Played a few times did he not after we won the league?  AJ deemed him not good enough but he was instrumental in Livi’s playoff win.

13 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Indeed Scott Robinson. Played a few times did he not after we won the league?  AJ deemed him not good enough but he was instrumental in Livi’s playoff win.

Aye that's right actually. Signed as as an amateur I'm sure. 

4 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Aye that's right actually. Signed as as an amateur I'm sure. 

Yup that’s the one. Forgive me getting his name wrong at first :D he did little for us, but for Livi he’s a big part of the team.